Seeing Ourselves as God’s Exclusive Agents
by Rajan Zed
Religion is a very mighty force, so we should not take it lightly. Sacred texts can be misapplied through handpicked reading, deciphering and interpretation.
It is hazardous:
- When we start seeing ourselves as God’s exclusive agents.
- When political profile is based on a decree from heaven that relies on us human beings to execute.
- When religious beliefs become bolted into ultimate truths.
- When we appoint ourselves as the warden of the ultimate truth.
- When we start expanding the beliefs, convictions and doctrine of our religion to the social and political arena.
Link to this article published in ‘onfaith.co ‘ – https://www.onfaith.co/onfaith/2008/01/28/seeing-ourselves-as-gods-exclu/5170